Mission Cement Tile Tresa Hexagonal 3
Mission Cement tiles are made by hand, one at a time using a hydraulic press, natural pigments, Portland cement and fine aggregates. There is no glaze or kiln. Noted for their multi-color patterns, durability and sophisticated look. Brought to Mexico by the Spanish, our Artisans continue to use the same technique being use since the 1800’s and passed now from generation to generation.
- Excellent for high traffic places, these tiles have a concrete base and a thick Soapstone pigmentation, that will last throughout generations
- Made with 100% natural materials, not pollutant , non flammable and recyclable
- Non slippery surface
- Fresh in hot weather locations
- 8" x 8", 5/8" thick
- We can customize any design and/or Colors
- See our specs tab below for detailed technical information
Mission Cement tiles are made by hand, one at a time using a hydraulic press, natural pigments, Portland cement and fine aggregates. There is no glaze or kiln. Noted for their multi-color patterns, durability and sophisticated look, the art of encaustic cement tiles was born in Europe in the late 19th century, decorating the floor of the palaces in St. Petersburg, Gaudi’s style houses in Barcelona, building entrances in Paris, etc. Brought to Mexico by the Spanish, our Artisans continue to use the same technique being use since the 1800’s and passed now from generation to generation.
Size (+/- 1/8" in ):
- 20 cm x 20 cm (8” x 8”)
- 5/8" thickness
- 2.9 lbs per tile
- 2.25 tiles per sqf
- 25 tiles/m2
Material: (Cement tiles show nuances in design and colors. All the tiles will not be identical.This is a result of the hand-crafted production process and the nature of cement. Mixing tiles from different boxes during setting is suggested to produce a beautiful naturally rich appearance).
Top Layer: 3-5 mm thickness affixed to the tile body by 1,500-1,700 PSI mechanical pressure. The layer is composed of:
- White Portland Cement
- Marble Dust
- Silica Sand
- Calcium Carbonate
- Mineral Pigments for Color (i.e. Iron, Cobalt and Chromium Oxides)
Tile Body: 10 –12 mm in thickness composed of:
- Gray Portland Cement
- Calcium carbonate
Average Coefficient of Friction:
- Unpolished / dry: 0.88
- Unpolished / wet: 0.92
- Polished / dry: 0.83
- Polished / wet: 0.68
- Slip Prevention Rating – R9 as tested by the Berufsgenossenschaftliches Institut für Arbeitsschutz (BGIA) (Institute for Occupational Safety and Health – Germany), untreated raw tile.
- 3-4 Mohs - Approximately same as Black Marble
- Like concrete, cement tiles are not resistant to freeze/thaw cycles and should not be used outdoors where freezing temperatures may exist.
- Cement tiles are not resistant to acids and should be cleaned with pH neutral cleaners.
Use in Wet Areas
A high quality effective sealant must be used for shower, spa, or pool use
Installation and Maintanance
- We highly recommend you hire an specialist in tiles installation, however if you decide to do it yourself we can give you a few suggestions: Please check this document for a detailed step by step installation process: How to install and maintain cement tiles
Note: Please remember that handmade crafts are not consistent in their dimensions due to the nature of being crafted by hand and a 1/8" of an inch variance should be allowed for all planning and designing. Also, due to variations in products and monitor settings, images may differ from the actual product.
Our highly skilled Artisan Juan Rodriguez, comes from a 3rd Generation on the Art of Encaustic Cement tiles. His detailed passion, understanding of the materials and the love he put on each piece is reflected in the quality of each tile he makes. You will be very happy with his work.
These rock hard, durable tiles are made from a centuries old process. These tiles are made from marble and Portland cement and natural earth pigments. The tiles are made in three layers which undergo intense pressure from a mechanical hydraulic press. Our tile are not fired. The tiles undergo hydrolysis and harden when soaked in a vat of water. Each tile is hand made individually and is a work of art. There will always be slight subtle variations in each tile and that is a part of the charm.
Delivery time: 15-20 business days (USA) - FREE shipping
15-20 business days (Canada)
20-25 business days (All other countries)
- All our shipments are covered with insurance for any loss or breakage during transit.
- We use DHL, Fedex and EMS for better service and full tracking on line.
- Customs/import fees may apply for your country, please check with your local agencies for specifics. You are responsible to pay for these fees
- If you have a big order we can ship by truck or ocean freight, for a cheaper option for your high quantity order ( usually 500 tiles or more). Please contact us to request a shipping quote for this option.
- We use a professional packing company for all our shipments, your art will go very well protected with at least 2" of foam all around, bubble wrapped and when necessary double boxed. Rest assure it will reach you safe and sound. We have a record of minimum broken pieces if any.